http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BsLd4Y060Q
I chose the song Born this Way because Lady Gaga's lyrics really touched me in thinking that I was born this way and my preferences, beliefs and gender should not interfere with being proud for who I am. Lyrics such as "There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are", tells us that you should't be ashamed to love and take care of yourself. As well, "don't hide yourself in regret just love yourself and you're set", expresses that you shouldn't hide who you are in shame or in embarrassment but rather love who you are and you're ready to go on in life. Lady Gaga informs us through her lyrics that even if you were hurt and picked on for being yourself, just bounce back up now from all of the pain from before: "Whether life's disabilities left you outcast, bullied or teased Rejoice and love yourself today." Ultimately, in the lines: "No matter black, white or beige Chola or orient made I'm on the right track baby I was born to be brave.", tells us that no matter what your race is, you don't have to be ashamed of it because that is the path you've got to take and even if you get picked on for that, you have got to stand up and be brave about it. In Lady Gaga's "Born this way", she was a mentor for me and reminded me that I should never not love myself or feel ashamed for who I am because I was born this way and I should be proud of it.
A great choice for a song to connect to identity. How true, we really neeed to cherish who we are and what we are adn accept oursleve. A gReat connection piece.
ReplyDelete